The School Newspaper of Holton High School

The Holtonian

McDonald’s All American Game

Zane Moylan, Assistant Sport Editor

The McDonald’s All American game was March 29, 2017. The top players in high school of the 2017 class competed in the game.   The number one recruit out of high school Michael Porter Jr. won the games MVP award. He will be attending the University of Missouri. All of the players competing were in the top 100 of the 2017 class.

The Kansas Jayhawks had one recruit Billy Preston played in the game. But a bunch of the players were undecided and KU has been recruiting them. Preston will probably be another on and done for the Hawks. If KU can get another top 100 recruit they will be pretty stacked once again. They will most likely be in the run for a 14th consecutive Big 12 title.

“If KU can get another good recruit I think they will be pretty good this year. But they will probably lose in the elite eight again”. Junior Tracer Fox said.

Kansas State didn’t have any recruits playing in the game. The Wildcats haven’t even attempted to recruit any of those players. They probably couldn’t get any of those players to go there anyways.

“It would be highly unlikely for K-State to get any of those players, or even for those to players to think about going to K-State”. Fox said.

It will be interesting to see how these recruits help their team and see if they can lead their team to the national championship.