Wildcats look forward to a change in fate

Mason Strader, Assistant Sports Editor

The Wildcats hope for a splendid second round of the league breaking the 8 game losing streak, Saturday 23 against league opponent Jefferson West. With a loss to Eudora in the first round of the Mid-Season Tonganoxie Invitational basketball tournament, and an overtime loss the Tonganoxie. The Wildcats played Jeff West and lead the entire game after previously losing to the Tigers the first game back from Christmas break January 5.

“It was great to finally get a tally in the right column, we played as a team, and we just happened to be on fire,” said Aj Haussler sophomore.

Lacking height the Wildcats had to do the little things to beat a much taller Tiger lineup, with heights reaching up to 6’6 and 6’4 respectively.

“We did give up some height, but our team did a great job of boxing out and not letting them get second chances for two points,” said Aaron Bain junior.

Bain with a break out game, caused many Tiger fouls with his shot fakes, and ‘and ones.’

“I got pretty hyped after scoring on a Jeff West double team down low,” said Bain.

The Wildcats open up the second time around the Big 7 League with a matchup against the Sabetha Bluejays at home Friday, January 29, and plan to add some more wins the ‘right column’ that slipped away the first time around.