HHS students help design graduation announcements

Brooklyn Klahr, Online Editor

Recently a group of five students from Holton High School got the opportunity to go on a trip to Wichita University to work alongside Jostens in the task of designing graduation announcements.

“It was a really good creative opportunity, I liked that we got to make an announcement that seniors would remember” Senior Sydney McRae said.

The group working alongside Collen Jackson entered in a contest to design and create graduation announcements, put on by Jostens, a company that creates anything from class rings to class gowns. All the students that were able to attend this once in a lifetime chance were all enrolled in an honor art class at HHS besides student Brandon Lehnherr.

“I was the only person not in an advanced class to go so it felt good to be invited, and to work with other people who are really good in the art department” Junior, Brandon Lehnherr said.  Though in the end the outcome was a success, there were a few bumps along the road.

“At first, I didn’t know what to expect because I didn’t understand the full scope of the project. But after all the guidelines were established and we began designing the card, I felt more comfortable” senior, Abby Heitzman said.

Overall it was a great experience for all of the students to have, and it is something that will be remembered.